It has come to my attention that not many people actually sit here and read by rant posts about Microsoft, or the vb language as a whole. Instead, I get a bunch of spam comments trying to trade links or what not. That’s too bad, I was really hoping that I had some actual readers out there. But because of this, this blog will probably end up turning into a development blog, where I list all the recent updates that have occurred in BrandonSoft branded software. And here is a list of the updates that have been implemented into already existing software.
Income Tracker .2.1 Beta
- Added multiple currencies, so users can select their currency symbol. However, they must type in their own instead of choosing from a list
- Added the ability to subtract from total profit (So one may keep track of spending as well)
- Added a launcher, which ensures that the application is launched with administrative privileges.
- Fixed the installer so it installs the latest version (.2.1b) And it also installs the .NET 4.0 Framework and all needed libraries.
- Fixed a couple bugs regarding multiple symbols appearing in the main interface
Twit Control 1.6 Beta
Although this application is not available to the public, here is a list of already implemented features:
- Faster Twitter synchronization (By using multiple threads)
- Faster Facebook synchronization (By using multiple threads)
- More reliable Facebook synchronization (By the use of WatiN libraries)
- More groupboxes on the main form to make the application seem more organized
- More secure transfer of Facebook passwords
- A new about page
- A new layout to the Twitter authentication window
- I have yet to add this, but I will soon: A method to update both Twitter and Facebook statuses directly from TwitControl
- Added an advanced error tracking system that automatically reports all errors to me.
Xinonz .1 Alpha
This application was never released to the public, and was started about 2 years ago. It is basically a little menubar that anchors to the top of one’s desktop, and makes accessing files easier. I simply revived the project by updating it to .NET Framework 4.0 from 3.5